In the lead up to Valentines I can’t stop thinking about hearts – although I have to admit this fun food, Veggie Heart reminds me of a map of Africa!
This was a great plate to make and share as part of lunch.
Use any colourful veggies you have. I used:
– Yellow capsicum (bell pepper)
– Cherry tomatoes
1. I drew a faint outline of a heart to follow then placed the veggies overlapping around the edge – starting with slices of radish.
2. Then yellow capsicum.
3. Slices of cucumber.
4. Cherry tomatoes cut in half. I made a point for the bottom that I later removed.
5. Then moved up the other side with carrot.
6. And slices from a baton of celery.
7. And some steamed beetroot.
8. Time to remove the point of tomato from the bottom.
9. A few fresh herbs to decorate and it’s all finished.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small