Am I a proficient sushi maker – no! It’s not something I do regularly and so I apologise in advance to all those who can make perfect little rice packages. I also used brown rice as that’s what I had available. However, I was able to make simple, fun food, Sushi Hearts using a tea towel to roll them and they tasted great!
– Sushi (home or pre-made)
– Daikon also called Chinese/Japanese radish (or radish or capsicum)
– Cucumber (or carrot or capsicum)
1. Make the sushi heart by gently squeezing the bottom to form more of a point and pushing into the centre at the top to create the classic, heart shape.
2. Add two more sushi.
3. Then cut daikon and cucumber into heart shapes to complement the sushi.
4. A few grains of rice around the edge and it’s a pretty Valentines plate.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small