All the glorious, vibrant, summer fruit available at this time of the year makes me want to create multi-coloured plates – and what better than a rainbow for showcasing this!
Here’s my fun food, Fruit Rainbow perfect for a party or a morning tea.
Use any fruit you have to hand. The more diverse the colours the better!
– Green Pear
– Yoghurt (or coconut cream or desiccated coconut)
1. Usually I would lightly draw an outline to follow to create something like this. Feeling confident I made this one free-hand but did make some adjustments to the curve of the rainbow and the length of the arches as I went along .
Firstly make an arch from blueberries.
2. Add some chopped plum.
3. Then some mandarin segments.
4. And pear chopped into pieces.
5. With fresh pineapple cut into triangles.
6. Then topped with chunks of watermelon.
7. Finish with fluffy yoghurt clouds perfect as a dip.
8. Vibrant and packed with all the goodies …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small