Brekkie Tree (Autumn/Fall)
Breakfast lends itself so well to easy designs. It’s so much fun to surprise the boys in the morning with a different take on the same foods.
I was looking at all the crumbs at the bottom of the wheat-brick box and suddenly I knew how to utilise them in a fun way and yet so simple.
– Wheat brick (crumbs are just fine!!)
– Seeds/nuts/raisins for embellishment. I used pepitas, sunflower seeds and raisins
1. Slice the banana down the centre and then slice off the curved edge so the main trunk sits flat on the plate.
Add slices from the rest of the banana as branches.
2. Sprinkle wheat-brick crumbs around the “branches” and at the bottom of the trunk.
3. I then added a few pepitas, sunflower seeds and raisins. These add interest but also additional nutrients and texture.
4. Then I poured the milk not knowing exactly what to expect ….
5. And it looked cool!
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.