Chef Dom and his mum Claire love to cook healthy, veggie dense foods on their blog https://www.facebook.com/dominicskitchen
Dom was the first to respond to my “can I make something special for you?” and has requested a food art locomotive. So, here’s my fun food Carrot Train – hope you like it!
– Carrots (large ones are easier to use!)
– Veg to fill the trucks – I used corn & radish
– Background – I used peas & broccoli
1. Cut the large part of a carrot to form the engine.
2. Add an angled piece of carrot for the cow-catcher.
3. Flatten off the top of the carrot.
4. Add a cab at the back of the engine.
5. Then a funnel (I changed to celery later).
6. Hollow out the side of the cab to form the window.
7. Add two trucks from carrot cut into roughly rectangular shapes.
8. Make hollows in the tops so they can be filled with veg.
9. Slice cucumber to form the wheels.
10. Then change the funnel to celery.
11. Use more celery to fill in the window.
12. And slices to make the chains joining the trucks.
13. Stuff the trucks with veg.
14. Create a back ground if you wish.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small