Pears are just so “animal” shaped. They make excellent mice, bears, hedgehogs and now it appears hippos too.
– Brown pear
– Green pear
– Raisin (or blueberry)
1. Slice the pear in half and use the fat bit for the body.
2. Cut a head from the other half and balance on the body.
3. Add a little tail and some legs.
4. I cut him a wide mouth (which you can just see down the bottom).
5. Use pear flesh to create eyes and nostrils.
6. Then place the raisin pupils.
7. The green pear gives him some sludge to wallow in.
8. Add some green trees and we’re all set.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small