I’m not really one for lots of gadgets in the kitchen. I went and purchased every cookie cutter available in the local discount store when I started on my food design and haven’t really got much since. However, I LOVE looking. I happened to be in the food wholesalers catering section (Mummy Haven as the mini-chefs call it) and they had a box of “Ninja-bread men” cookie cutters. My boys begged me to get them as they were “so cool”. I will now need to get my monies worth out of them so here is the first of my fun Ninja designs:
Very simple sandwiches cut from wholegrain bread in the shape of Ninjas with veggies for detail. Such a great idea for a party and so easy to do.
– Wholegrain bread
– Filling – I used lettuce and cheese
– Peas and carrots – for the ground
– Veggies for detail – I used green beans, carrots, beetroot and corn
1. Cut the bottom piece of the bread using the mold.
2. Cut the filling with the top piece (makes it waaayyyyyyy easier to get it all to fit together).
3. Make the ground. I used peas and carrots.
4. Put detail on the “men”. I made eye wraps, belts and weapons.
5. I realised the beetroot didn’t show up at all so sprinkled it with oat bran so it showed up!
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.