Decadent Apple Cake
This is a cake dedicated to my dear friend Neil who is always trying to convince me to be more gratuitous in my recipes. Probably not quite the sugar fix he had in mind but it oozes decadence never the less.
This would be a fun food addition to any party and is simple but healthy. Other fruit could be substituted in the centre and you can get really creative with the toppings.
– 1 Apple
– Yoghurt – I used thick, Greek (no sugar, no additives)
– Slivered almonds
– Hazelnuts – for decoration (and a raspberry on the alternative)
– Mint leaves – for decoration
1. Peel and core the apple. I don’t have a special corer so I butchered it with a knife instead!
2. Cover with yoghurt (if the yoghurt is too thin then you can thicken by freezing for a while or even mixing in some milk powder).
3. Add toppings. I covered the sides with slivered almonds.
4. I topped with hazelnuts.
5. Then jazzed it up with a mint leaf or two.
6. I also experimented with other toppings … get creative!!
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.