Apple Polar Bear
We are in the middle of a very cold snap here with snow on the mountains ringing Wellington. A fun food, Apple Polar Bear seemed very appropriate!
– Red apple
– Desiccated coconut
– Dill (or other edible greenery)
1. Cut a large oval from apple for the body.
2. Add a round piece for the head.
3. And two ears.
4. Give him paws.
5. Then use raisins for eyes and nose.
6. And paw pads.
7. Cut the skin side for a little fish.
8. Then slice a piece of apple for his rock and sprinkle desiccated coconut for the water.
9. Add some more fish in the water.
10. Then some coconut snow.
11. A few dill trees in the background and he’s finished.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small