Spring Brekkie Tree
We all loved the Autumn/Fall brekkie tree so I decided it would be really good fun to create a series, one for every season.
Outside our house in Aus was a beautiful cherry blossom tree and as soon as the flowers came out it signalled the end of winter for me. This fun food design is modelled on the fabulous white and pinkish/red of the tree before the green leaves grow through. It is so simple to make and a great one to get the mini-chefs involved in.
Rather than eat this as a cereal we added yoghurt and the boys had it as a smoothie.
– Oats (I used wholegrain)
– Raspberries (as it’s winter here they were frozen ones)
– Almonds, sunflower seeds, pepitas for the ground (anything breakfasty is good!)
1. Cut the banana down the centre and then slice off the rounded edge to make the trunk.
I cut a divide into the end of the trunk and then fashioned branches from the rest of the banana.
2. Add oats as “blossoms”.
3. Put pieces of raspberry around to finish the bright flowers.
4. I added oats, nuts and seeds around the base to create the soil.
5. And then finished with some coconut for the falling blossoms.
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.