Brekkie Bread Tree
OK so I am a bit fixated on tree designs I admit. But they are so simple and so effective and a great one to do with the kids.
This is a fun food bread and egg one that takes no time at all to whip up but looks funky and appetising.
– Slice of thick cut bread (or could use toast)
– 2 eggs scrambled
– 1 tomato (for the inside of the flowers)
– I used mushrooms, tomatoes and parsley for detail
1. Cut the bread into the shape of a trunk and branches. I deliberately left it “rustic” style as it adds to the character and makes it twice as simple!
2. Cut the scrambled egg into flower shapes. I used a mini cookie cutter.
3. Add some mushrooms for rocks on the ground.
4. Slice the tomato and cut into small squares. These make the centre of the flowers.
5. I added some tomato slices and parsley.
6. And then thought it was a bit busy so took them off again!
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.