Summer Brekkie Tree
Continuing on with my seasonal breakfast trees this is my summer version.
Fun food, very simple and something the children can do by themselves or with a little help.
– 1 Banana
– Oats (I used wholegrain)
– Pepitas (Pumpkin seeds) – for leaves
– 1 Kiwi fruit – for leaves
– Raspberries – alas mine are frozen as we’re in mid-winter!
Substitute other green fruit such as apple for leaves and strawberries/red apples for fruit if you prefer.
1. Cut the banana into trunk and branch shapes.
2. Add pieces of kiwi fruit as leaves.
3. And then pepitas which add crunch and extra nutrients too!
4. I added oats so the boys could eat as a cereal substitute (very happily).
5. I sprinkled more of the oats and pepitas around the base of the tree.
6. And then raspberries to give the tree a full bloom of flowers.
Very, very simple, fun and healthy – what could be better!!
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.