We all love seafood in our house and here in New Zealand it’s easy and economical to find fresh catches – yummy!!
I couldn’t help myself using the seafood as the sea bed in this fun food dinner plate.
– Mashed pumpkin (for the fish) – or sweet potato/potato/carrot/parsnip
– Rice (I used brown) for sea bed – or cous cous or other grain
– Peas and green beans – for fishes features and bubbles
– Broccoli, green beans, carrots, parsnips corn – for sea bed
– Prawns (shrimp), mussels and calamari (squid) – for sea bed
(Substitute in any veg/sea food you have on hand).
1. Make the sand with the rice.
2. I used a fish mold to get the fish shape.
3. Then I used a pea for her eye and a green bean for the mouth.
And of course you need bubbles ….
4. I placed veggies and seafood to create a busy sea bed.
So simple, appealing and a lovely balanced meal.
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.