Mandarins just lend themselves to a snail shell so it had to be done.
Here is my super simple, fun food, mandarin snail.
– Mandarin/Clementine or other such citrus fruit
– Pear or apple for the body
– I used Kiwi for the grass but green apple or pear would be excellent too
– I used chopped raisins for the details
1. Cut a kiwi fruit to make the grass.
2. I used the cheek of the pear and cut a curved body.
Then another piece for the tail.
3. And placed the peeled Mandarin on top (I sliced a piece from the bottom so it sat nicely in the curve of the pear).
4. Then gave the snail pear antenna and eyes and mouth.
5. A buzzing raisin insect and we have a snail.
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.