This is a concept I came up with a few years ago and the boys were mesmerised. They also rated the taste as fantastic. Since then life has jogged along and I haven’t got around to reproducing it for a blog. Until yesterday … it was the perfect time to make the volcano and video it. Yes a true story I did video the whole thing – very scary for me and probably you too!!
I got Roy to video the creating of the world’s first breakfast volcano including lava pour. The boys were happy to star as the end result was food and they love eating.
The still photos do not do it justice so please check out the video:
It also proves that when I say fun food, quick and simple I mean QUICK.
I will blog my muesli recipe for those interested when I get chance!!
– Muesli – needs to be soaked in milk/yoghurt so it will keep its shape
– I used pepitas, sunflower seeds, grated coconut and chopped hazelnuts for “rocks” and ash around the base
– Raspberry lava – this was just frozen raspberries defrosted and then buzzed with a stick blender. The taste is incredibly intense so I added a little water which also helps it pour. Any soft red fruit that can be pulped would work.
1. Form the muesli/milk mixture into a conical mountain shape.
2. Make a crater at the top.
3. Then I added seeds and nuts as rocks and coconut which Max dubbed ash around the bottom.
4. And now the fun really starts.
Pour the raspberry lava into the crater.
5. Keep pouring getting lava rivulets running down the outside of the volcano.
6. And keep going until the lava is finished.
Add milk and breakfast is served.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small..