I made some crepes (a thinner version of pancakes) and steamed some apples at the same time to make a sweet but not sugary accompaniment.
Max was fascinated by the tree and it was the first thing he dived for. A fun food breakfast or snack idea.
– Crepes (I make them with wholemeal flour, eggs and milk)
– I used yoghurt for the moon and chimney smoke
1. I cooked the crepes then used a giant house cookie cutter.
2. But as usual I was under whelmed by the outcome so started adding and chopping bits. I started with windows and door.
I also cut the right hand side of the top of the house off at an angle.
3. Then added another peak to the roof.
4. As we were getting bigger and fancier chimneys seemed in order.
And I put some cross pieces into the window.
5. I used the steamed apple to make the ground and a tree.
6. And some bushes and a path.
7. I used some home-made Greek style yoghurt to make a moon as it seemed like a night scene.
And added some smoke from the chimneys.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small..