So we’re entering rainy season here and it is something that Wellington does really, really well! It also means that the paths on the way to school are busy with snails. Luckily Max has grown out of the need to move each one to safety ….
I was making bread and decided to roll up some snails. The boys love home-made bread and when I have a bit of extra time I prefer it too as it contains nothing but whole-wheat flour, yeast and water. It is an intimidating prospect if you haven’t made before but is actually really simple. Bread snails are a great one for kids to make themselves as they’re such a simple shape.
– Bread dough made into snail shapes
– Cheese – for sun
– I used celery and carrots for detail
1. Make the bread dough. Roll dough into a long cylinder and then roll up to make the shell and body.
2. Once cooked place on the plate.
3. Then I added lettuce for grass.
4. And a big cheese sun.
5. Then I cut celery stems and carrot flowers.
6. A great lunch or snack.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.