Double Decker Raspberry Bus
We all love raspberries in our house and being so lovely and deep red they just lend themselves to the iconic Double Decker buses found in London.
I put this together as a fun food party plate and spoons got dipped in furiously and then mixed with a bowl of home-made Greek style yoghurt each. Have to say I was tempted to eat it all myself first but refrained!
– Red Apple for wheels and outline
– Raspberries for the paintwork (strawberries would be great too)
– Pineapple for the windows (I used fresh but tinned would work or apple/pear/melon)
– Plum – for the road. Any dark fruit would work (or raisins).
1. I cut the cheeks of the apple for wheels.
2. Then cut an outline of the bus from the flesh of the apple.
3. I used more apple to make the top deck.
4. Then put in some pineapple cut into rectangles for windows.
5. And some for the top deck. They don’t show up well at the moment as there is no contrast.
6. But then when you add the soft raspberries ….
7. And do the same on the top deck.
Unfortunately the raspberries “bleed” a little into the apple (which offends my sense of perfection) but the overall affect is striking enough to balance this out … I hope ..
8. Then I cut some strips from a plum to make a road.
And we’re ready to go see the sights …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.