Avocadoes are not in season – boo hoo – but I got a few lovely looking ones and when I scooped one out of its skin I saw a mouse. Not a real one in my kitchen (which is a good thing) but the shape, hidden in the half avocado.
Here is a lovely, fun food, simple breakfast or snack idea. Avocadoes are a great source of good oil and delicious to boot.
– Half a ripe avocado
– 1 cherry tomato
– Toast – I used wholemeal
– Baby spinach leaves for decoration
– I used a blob of cottage cheese for the pupil (cream cheese/yoghurt or hard cheese would be fine).
1. Cut the avocado in half and scoop it carefully out of its skin and place on a piece of toast.
2. I used a tomato cut in half for the eyes.
3. Then cut some big ears from some cheese.
4. And a long curling tail.
5. To give her some character I added two blobs of cottage cheese for pupils.
On top of some slices of olives.
6. I placed spinach leaves around and gifted her a “block” of cheese of her own.
7. And there we have our breakfast mouse.
But I wasn’t sure whether the olives made her a little scary …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small..