This weekend in Australia and New Zealand we traditionally celebrate the Queen’s birthday. In honour of the occasion I whipped up a fun food palace guard.
Admittedly not a quick number but sometimes one just has to push the boat out and although it’s a bit complicated it only uses two ingredients!
– Red apple
1. Cut the cheek from the apple and shape to make the body of the soldier.
2. Then add some apple arms.
3. I added a belt and jacket closure from the inside of the apple.
4. With some buttons.
5. And used more apple for the head and hands.
6. Before breaking out the plum for collar and cuffs.
7. And also for a smile before adding the buckle.
8. Then we needed an ostentatious hat and a nose peeking out.
9. And of course a plum rifle.
10. That was the end of the design but then I couldn’t help myself and had to add some pants and boots.
11. And to finish the Queen’s initials.
Happy Official Birthday …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small