Avocado Christmas Tree
A lovely, fun food design that would be great for a party or an appetiser.
Decorate as you wish!
– For the base I used carrot
– For the decorations I used red & yellow capsicum (bell pepper), corn, cottage cheese, carrot and red cabbage
– For the skirt of the tree – baby spinach leaves
– For the presents cut Edam cheese
1. Cut the avocado into slices and then build a layered tree shape. Feel free to join pieces together as avocado is very forgiving like that!
2. I cut a piece of carrot into a base.
3. Then placed a red capsicum (bell pepper) star on top.
4. I cut thin strips of carrot and red cabbage for “tinsel”.
5. Then used yellow capsicum (bell pepper) for candles.
6. I added “decorations” made from corn, carrot, red cabbage and red pepper.
7. Then blobbed on some cottage cheese for “lights”.
8. I made a skirt for the base of the tree from baby spinach leaves then cut presents from slices of cheese. I used red cabbage and carrot strips for the ribbon.
9. And now all we need is Santa ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small