4th July Skewers
And here are some I prepared earlier!! Knowing I’d like to blog a plate for all my US friends on 4th July I was far more sensible this year and actually put something together when all the summer Northern Hemisphere fruits were in season down here.
Here are my fun food 4th July Skewers, perfect for a party or a dessert.
1. Cut cubes of watermelon and use them to create the “4”.
2. Add the “th” with more strips.
3. Then overlay with pineapple.
4. Followed by strawberries.
5. Use skewers to pierce blueberries and then through the other fruits.
6. Add more blueberries to the “th”.
7. The skewers are perfect for parties as everyone can grab one.
8. Stars and blueberries for decoration complete the fun plate. Who could resist?
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small