There seem to be lots of melons around at the moment. Great as the boys love to eat them and good for me as they are so easy to design with!!
He’s my fun food gecko.
– Honeydew melon
1. Cut the melon into slices and then it’s easy to carve from there. Start with the head.
2. Add some segments for the body.
3. And more for the back. Then add a big, curving bit for the actual tail.
4. I made some large feet.
5. Then joined them to the body.
6. I used dark grapes to give him eyes.
7. Then more grapes sliced in half for toes.
8. A few half green grapes for the back and it’s all finished.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small