This was supposed to be a slam dunk, quick design but as usual I wasn’t 100% happy with the results of the cookie cutter mold so had to adapt. Using a mold, even if you make changes does make things easier though as you have a basic shape to work to.
Here is my still simple and quick oat puppy fun food breakfast.
– Oats – I use wholegrain and soak for a while to soften and make them easier to mold.
– I used some papaya for the ball (any fruit you can cut into a circle would work)
– I used pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for the ground.
– I used a raisin for the eye and sliced almonds for mouth and ear
1. I filled a cookie cutter mold with softened oats.
2. Then thought I’d prefer him standing up, with 2 legs and a longer tail …
It was fortunately quite simple to bend him around a bit.
3. Then I added a raisin eye and a bit of sliced almond for the mouth.
4. And another piece of almond for the ear.
5. I used a cookie cutter to cut a circle from a piece of papaya and sprinkled pepitas for the ground.
6. And there it is a quick and nutritious fun food breakfast.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small