Carrying on in the spirit of Valentines I made a cute, fun food breakfast …
– Wheatbrick soaked to soften
– I used oat bran, sliced almonds and raisins for detail (and for the writing)
– ½ Strawberry for the rose
– Pepitas (pumpkin seeds) for the stem and leaves
1. I used a teddy bear mold and filled with softened wheatbrick – but then of course was dissatisfied so modified it!
2. Once the mold was full I pulled it away carefully.
3. Then thought I could improve on the shape so tried.
4. I used sliced almonds to give him ears, hands and feet.
5. Then thought he should be tubbier so gave him a rounder tummy.
And covered his face with oat bran so his features would show up.
6. I used raisins to give him eyes, nose and mouth.
7. Then he needed a rose which I made from half a strawberry (sliced at the end to “feather”) with a pepita stalk and leaves.
8. Gave him a pepita ground to stand on.
9. And then gave him some raisin love ….
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small