Found some lovely, dark-capped mushrooms at the markets so have been divising lots of ways to create with them. The boys loved this cute, little, fun food penguin and he was so simple I could do one each!
– Mushrooms (sautéed)
– Egg (separated into white and yolk)
1. Use a large mushroom cap and squeeze so it’s more oval than round.
2. Add cooked egg white.
3. Use the cooked egg yolk to make feet.
4. Cut some mushroom to make the wings.
5. Then I thought his feet should be changed.
6. Add some of the mushroom stalks as eyes.
7. And use more egg yolk as a beak.
With some egg white for pupils.
8. More egg white for snow.
9. A sprinkle of oat bran for snow and he’s ready to eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small