I can’t look at asparagus without thinking about long limbs, and what better to showcase that than a ballerina.
Not sure I’ve done her justice but here’s my fun food, ballet take on asparagus anyway!
– Steamed potato (or bread)
– Radish (or red capsicum/bell pepper)
1. Cut the potato into an oval for her body.
2. Add her head (I made it a little larger at the end).
3. Use the tip of the asparagus for her hair.
4. Give her some beautiful arms.
5. And some supple legs.
6. Use a little of the asparagus tip for the eyes and some radish for the lips.
7. Then add a tutu from radish.
8. Before moving her into a more graceful position (well I thought so!).
9. I thought I was finished but then realised her head looked a smidge small.
10. That’s better!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small