It’s great to have a big share breakfast at the weekend. My boys see a cooked breakfast as a big treat and every now and again I deliver!!
Here’s a fun food rainbow, healthy and delicious. You can of course substitute in your favourite breakfast ingredients.
– Scrambled egg (just the whites)
– Fried egg (just the yolks)
– Sauteed mushrooms
– Potatoes cubed and cooked (I lightly roasted)
– Baby Spinach
– Cheese – I used Edam
1. Use the scrambled whites as clouds.
2. Place a row of mushrooms (I drew some faint lines in to make it easier to figure out where to put things!) first.
3. Then a layer of egg yolk cut into strips.
4. And a row of cubed potatoes.
5. I then used baby spinach for the next arch.
6. Before adding some cheese.
7. And to add some bright colour some tomatoes.
8. Not sure whether it needs some rain. But just in case I added some dried thyme.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small