I saw a chick hiding in a pear and given that we’re getting so close to Easter .. here’s a lovely, simple, fun food Pear Chick.
– Strawberry/red apple
1. Find a “chick shaped” pear!
2. Score a line around to form the head.
3. Dig out some eye sockets.
4. Then place half blueberries inside for pupils.
5. Add a slice of mandarin for the beak.
6. Before scoring some wings into the pear flesh.
7. I used some more mandarin to make the feet but then swapped for strawberry.
8. Give him a bright red strawberry comb.
9. And that’s him finished …
10. Or should he have red feet?
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small