One of my friends is in Africa at the moment volunteering to help preserve the wildlife. I wanted to create something to remind us how cool some of the unique animals are!
I found some really dark plums and married with some juicy pears I made a fun food zebra. It was not difficult but the stripes did take me a while to put on ….
– Dark plum
– Sunflower seeds for the ground
1. I cut a body from the cheek of the pear.
2. Then added a head and neck.
3. And some legs.
4. More pear for the ears.
5. Then I cut stripes from the outside of the plum. I found that slicing a succession of pieces and then fitting them onto the body with a little knife worked the best.
6. I used a bit more plum for hooves and nose.
7. Before adding a plum tail.
8. And a mane.
9. Then I cut shorter strips of plum to use for the legs.
10. Using the inside of the plum to create an eye, with a bit of plum skin for the pupil.
11. She needed a little bit of detail in her ears and some sunflower ground.
12. And she’s ready to roam across the savannah.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small