Breakfast can be such a routine meal, but with a little extra time we can transform it into an Easter special!
Here is my fun food, wheatbrick bunny. Simple, cute and eaten in a heart-beat ….
– 3 wheatbricks
– I used pear for the detail (apple/melon would work too)
– I used blueberries for pupils/nose/mouth (other dark fruit like plums or raisins would work)
1. I soaked a wheatbrick in a little milk just so it would hold form but not enough to be “stodgy”. Using an egg ring to make the circular shape for the face.
2. Then removed it from the mold.
3. I cut two wheatbricks into rough ear shapes.
4. Before using some pear to make teeth.
5. And more pear for eyes (bit scary looking!!)
6. Then made the insides of the ears.
7. And to make him less scary some blueberry pupils for the eyes and another for the nose.
8. I cut a blueberry and stretched it to make a mouth shape and then framed it with pear whiskers.
9. Just add milk or yoghurt and hoppity hop into breakfast.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small