Grape Big Ben
After being most privileged to be off to the UK soon to visit my parents all the sites are on my mind! Seeing the dark grapes I knew straight away what I could create ….
Here’s my fun food Big Ben.
– Dark grapes
– Apple (or pear) for the clock face
– I used desiccated coconut for the clouds (or yoghurt/cottage cheese)
1. Cut the bottoms off the grapes so they don’t roll and build the tower.
2. Then add the Houses of Parliament.
3. Slice some thin pieces of grape to add detail.
4. Use grapes to create a space for the clock face.
5. Give the tower its distinctive look with little slices of grapes arranged in vertical rows.
6. And the same at the top of the tower.
7. Block in the gap at the top of the tower.
8. Then add the vertical lines to Parliament.
9. Cut a circle from the cheek of an apple for the clock face. I used grape “hands”.
10. Before finishing with some desiccated coconut clouds.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small