Lest We Forget
A special blog done with respect and thanks in recognition of Anzac Day (for those who served from Australia and New Zealand) and in honour of all those who sacrificed ….
– Kiwi fruit
I actually started to do this with a red apple as the watermelon didn’t seem a vibrant enough red. However, the texture didn’t work so I reverted to the melon ….
1. I cut the cheeks from an apple (then decided to cut slices from a melon).
2. The outside needs to be wider than the centre of the petals.
3. Then I sliced a circle from the outside of a dark plum.
4. And cut the stalk from a Kiwi fruit.
5. Using a bit more to make the grass.
6. And there it was finished.
7. But it was too full and not “poppy-ish” enough so I swapped the apple petals for watermelon ones.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small