Mother’s Day Bouquet
As Mother’s Day is fast approaching I still have flowers on my mind.
This is such a versatile, fun food, fruit bouquet. You can use any fruit you have to hand and even the shapes can be individualised. I used some cookie cutters and others I cut freehand.
– Kiwi fruit
– Apple (green & red)
1. I cut watermelon using a cookie cutter (I placed them and then moved them around once I had the other flowers cut).
2. Then cut some petals from pineapple to make the next lot of flowers.
3. Before giving the watermelon flowers centres cut from plum.
4. And made the last bulbs from red apple.
5. Then I began to add stems and leaves using kiwi fruit for the pineapple flowers.
6. And some green apple stems for the watermelon blooms.
7. I had to squeeze the stems for the red apple bulbs behind the kiwi stems (which I moved to the right a bit) so used little squares of cut green apple.
8. Then all that needed to be added were the blueberries for the centres of the pineapple flowers.
9. And that is the bouquet, all ready to serve and then eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small