With the last of this season’s corn I decided to make a special plate for Joe who loves corn and loves olives. He was so pleased with his fun food plate!
– Fresh cooked corn
1. Cut the corn into slices for the body.
2. Then cut a slice into a head shape.
3. Before adding the black olive stripes and stinger.
4. I cut discs from celery for the eyes.
5. And used more celery for the antennae (which I balanced against the body so they stand upright).
6. Then I used olives to make pupils for the eyes and a nice smile.
7. I pulled corn off the cob to use as the outline for the wings.
8. Before filling them with very thin slices of celery.
9. And he was finished but I thought he’d look better on white.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small