I saw this recipe on Facebook (see, spending hours on Facebook is a worthwhile enterprise!!) and was sceptical but dying to try. You take 2 eggs and one banana. Mash the banana really well and mix in with the two eggs and then pour batter into a frying pan and fry like a regular pancake. It comes out texturally like a pancake, looks like a pancake, tastes like a pancake and takes a minute to make. It is also so simple kids of all ages can make and is so sweet that no toppings are necessary. In fact for me it is way too sweet! What a find, loads of great protein, potassium and nothing unhealthy in sight and so quick and cheap.
As we’re entering the countdown to Easter it’s time to amp up the bunnies, chicks and eggs though so …..
Here is my fun food Easter breakfast plate.
– Pancakes (I used banana pancakes)
– I used raisins and yoghurt for detail
– I used pepitas (pumpkin seeds) and desiccated coconut for the ground and clouds
1. Make a pancake.
2. I used a cookie cutter to make two rabbits. One from each side of the pancake to give them a contrasting “look”.
3. I cut raisins for eyes.
4. And what self-respecting rabbit would be seen without a fluffy, yoghurt tail?
5. Then I added a raisin mouth and a yoghurt nose.
6. A few pepitas for the ground and some coconut clouds and you can hop to it.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small