Autumn is definitely here for us. The weather is starting to get colder, the leaves are falling from the trees and the days are shorter.
The boys and I put together a salad using all the autumnal colours (and a random bird!). Here’s our fun food, Autumn Tree.
– Capsicum (bell pepper) orange, yellow and red
1. Place celery in the shape of a tree trunk and branches.
2. Then add an orange capsicum leaf.
3. And a few more.
4. Do the same with the yellow.
5. Then finely chop cucumber to make the grass.
6. Add some red leaves.
7. Then some fallen ones.
8. Finally the boys insisted I add an olive and capsicum bird (with cucumber eyes).
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small