Ah, made this a little while ago and then forgot to post! It’s my cute, fun food, lunch – an Avocado Owl.
– Coriander (cilantro) leaves – any edible leaves work!
– Yellow capsicum (bell pepper)
1. Cut an avocado in half and peel for the body.
2. Add some big eyes from the inside of a radish.
3. Then a little, carrot beak.
4. And some carrot feet.
5. Use sliced celery for feathers.
6. More celery makes the top feathers (ears?).
7. Rings of olive make perfect pupils.
8. With slices of cucumber for wings.
9. Then branches made from celery stalks.
10. Using coriander (cilantro) for the leaves.
11. And finishing with a yellow capsicum (bell pepper), crescent moon.
12. Or should it be a full moon?
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small