Halloween falls at the end of the month so it’s time to start some “monstrous” designs.
Here’s a fun food Brekkie Monster to start the series. It’s a great one to do with the mini-chefs as they can decorate their own ….!
– Wheatbrick (I soaked in milk and added raisins)
– Raisins (or sultanas/dates/blueberries)
– Apple (or pear/melon)
1. Shape the wheatbrick into a “monster” shape.
2. Add some apple antennae.
3. Cut out some apple outlines for the eyes.
4. Use more apple for the mouth.
5. I added half a large raisin for each pupil.
6. Then put half a raisin on the end of each antennae.
7. A few sprinkled pepitas, add milk and the monster becomes breakfast …
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small