I love eggplant/aubergine. I didn’t always, in fact it’s only been the last 10 years I’ve been able to embrace it. The boys have slowly come round to eating it with pleasure and my lovely husband finally ate some and enjoyed it for the first time only 2 weeks ago – YES!!
Goes to prove that trying foods over and over again is important, even for us big folks and maybe using different methods of cooking something can be the key.
Here’s my much enjoyed fun food Emperor Penguin …
– Mash (or pureed white veg)
– Pumpkin or sweet potato
– Cottage cheese/ricotta/feta
– Oat bran/cauliflower
1. Form a body shape from the cooked eggplant (I roasted in large chunks).
2. Make a beak.
3. And a tail.
4. Use the mash to make a belly.
5. Then more eggplant for the wing and foot.
6. The pumpkin makes great colour highlights.
7. And mash and a tiny bit of eggplant form the eye.
8. Cottage cheese made perfect snow.
9. And the egg. Daddy penguins rock at babysitting!!
10. Bit of oat bran or grated cauliflower makes magic, falling snow.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small