Salad Skull Share Platter
I’m in the process of putting together an E-Book of Healthy Share Platter recipes and this Halloween plate could easily be in there!
Here’s a fun food plate for Halloween that’s healthy and great for a party of any age. My boys used at a playdate and it was very well received …
– Carrot (and or kumara/sweet potato)
– Daikon (Chinese radish) or regular radish
You can use any veggies you have on hand like capsicum (bell pepper). Larger ones are generally easier to cut. A small, sharp knife makes it all simpler too!
1. Slice the carrot lengthways to give a large flat surface to cut from. Cut a basic “skull” shape.
2. Cut two eye sockets, a triangular nose hole and a rectangular mouth.
3. Add a cocktail stick to make dipping easy.
4. And cut as many as you’d like.
5. Then make some celery ones.
6. And some cucumber too.
7. Daikon has a mild flavour so is perfect for dipping and it’s also the right colour!
8. I mixed some cream cheese with beetroot juice to make a “spooky” dip.
And it was popular and delicious!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small