My lovely neighbour gifted me a sack of tiny, freshly picked plums. I kept staring at them shining like multi-coloured marbles as they were at different stages of ripening. Once I picked out the ripest and cut them in half I realised they would make the perfect heart.
This fun food Heart Balloon could just as easily be made with grapes!
– Mini plums (or grapes)
– Mandarin (or pear/apple cut into shape)
– Sunflower seeds (or chopped pieces of raisin or almond)
– Blueberries (or raisins)
– Desiccated coconut (or yoghurt)
1. Slice the plums in half and form a heart shape.
2. Use mandarin segments to make the basket.
3. Form the ropes from sunflower seeds.
4. Chop blueberries to form two cuddling people. I added a piece of sunflower for an eye for each.
5. Add desiccated coconut clouds.
6. Then some love hearts from plum skin.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small