My boys LOVE pancakes (actually ours are crepes but that’s just personal taste). We don’t make them very often but when we do the boys are the happiest little men on the planet. Roy is actually the pancake master seeming able to produce a perfectly formed, perfectly cooked disc every time. Mine are a tad more eccentric ….
As we’re using free range eggs, milk and wholemeal flour with no sugary toppings they tick all my health boxes.
This is a simple, fun food way to present pancakes that no one could resist.
– Flaked almonds for the sand (substitute any nuts/seeds/fruit)
– Raisin – for the eyes
– Stewed apple (I just cut up apple and steamed for 10 mins. With some cinnamon or nutmeg – YUM) – for sea bed detail
1. Put down sea bed.
2. Cut out the dolphins from the pancake. I used a mold.
3. Place on the plate.
4. And another so she’s not lonely!
5. Then some eyes so they can see.
6. I used steamed apple which gives a lovely sweetness to the dish as sea bed detail.
7. I ripped some of the pancake edges (as mine are not perfect discs …) to use as coral.
8. A lovely, simple breakfast or dessert.
Healthy, creative, fun food for kids big and small.
The Art of Nutrition.