As it’s summer salads feature highly on our menu. And salad is perfect for pictures. I use lots of different veg as they will all be part of our meal – you can of course substitute in any veg you have on hand
Here’s my fun food Veggie Robot…
– Daikon/Chinese/Japanese radish)
– Green capsicum/bell pepper
1. Cut a square of daikon for the body (if you haven’t tried this before it’s sold in Asian grocers or often at the markets. It has a very mild flavour, is crunchy and perfect in stir fries).
2. Use cucumber for the head.
3. And celery batons for the arms.
4. Green capsicum makes perfectly matching legs.
5. Then radish for feet.
6. And more radish for hands.
7. Carrot cut into circles makes the eyes and a rectangular piece of radish for the mouth.
8. Then I angled his arms in a bit.
9. And gave him celery and daikon antennae.
10. Joining everything together with radish “hinges”.
11. Finished and ready to eat!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small