Mince and Mash Teddies
I reckon my husband is one of the few men who return home from work to eat teddy bears for dinner. Apparently they taste delicious!!
This is a lovely, fun food and easy dish to make. Add a few veggies and you have a full meal for the family. The kids can decorate their own teddies and everyone is happy. As usual get creative and use whatever you have lying around. I have used a chilli bean and mince recipe with my mashed potato. Use beetroot to stain the mash if you want pink teddies.
– Meat mix (or a lentil/bean vegetarian/vegan option)
– Mashed potato
– I used corn, carrot and olives for detail
1. Use a cookie cutter mold to make teddies.
2. I have alternated mince and potato.
3. I wish now I hadn’t used a white plate as the mash disappears in the photos!!!
4. Then add the teddy features. I used mince on the potato and mash on the meat.
Then I added carrot, corn and olives to make hands, feet, bow ties and faces.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.