A nice simple design for a Friday! Lovely, fresh fruit arranged to make a fun food dragonfly.
– Apricot (other stone fruit, melon or apple would substitute)
– Pear (or apple/melon)
– Blueberries (raisins)
– I used cherries for the eyes and antennae (other contrasting fruit would do and if you have no cherry stalks herbs like rosemary or mint stalks work well or bits of blueberry or raisins arranged like antennae)
1. Cut the cheek from an apricot for the body.
2. Then a smaller bit of the other cheek for the head.
3. I added a big slice of cherry for each eye.
Using the stalks for antennae.
4. I cut the wings from the inner flesh of a pear and then realised they were too far up so moved them back.
5. Before cutting blueberries to make the tail.
6. And it’s just that simple.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small