I was cutting an egg and the shape just reminded me of some wings. From there it was a small jump to a fun food grasshopper!
– Boiled egg
– Mushrooms (toast would be good too)
– Spinach for antennae and ground
– I used cottage cheese for ends of antennae and eyes (a little egg white or other cheese would be perfect too)
1. Cut the egg in half then make a triangle indent.
2. Add some mushrooms to make the body.
3. Then I gave him a giant, cartoonish head from tomato.
4. And some arms and legs from more mushroom.
5. Before cutting some spinach antennae, with cottage cheese ends.
6. I made him a little face from cottage cheese and sliced mushroom.
7. Then some ground from spinach.
8. A grasshoppery start to the day!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small