I’m on a Halloween roll!
Yoghurt = ghosts. It’s true!!
Here’s my simple, fun and quick fruity graveyard.
– Pear (or apple/melon)
– Yoghurt (I used home-made Greek style)
– I used flaked almonds, sunflower seeds and a strawberry for detail
– Raisins – for ghost eyes and mouth
Note: I made some changes as I went through. I realised the ghosties had to be bigger and that the one on the left was too close to the grave and needed to scoot away!
1. Pile up the yoghurt to make the ghosts (I made them bigger as I went along).
Tip: If your yoghurt is a bit soft then you can freeze for a while to thicken. Also you can put a piece of fruit underneath to build the ghost up more effectively.
2. Cut a gravestone from the inside of a pear.
3. I used strips from the side of the pear to make a grave.
I also cut R.I.P. into the gravestone and smeared with juice from a strawberry (which you can just see).
4. Then I put detail around the back of the stone using flaked almonds and a strawberry sliced.
And filled the grave with sunflower seeds – like gravel!
5. I built the ghosties up a bit and gave them raisin eyes.
But realised that the ghost on the left was too close so had to move it left and squeeze up the grave a smidge.
6. Then the ghosts needed mouths.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small.