Mother & Baby Bird
Spring is here and the birds are going mad in the trees all around as they build nests and start hatching chicks.
Here’s a fun food tribute to all the feathery ones waking me up EVERY morning!!
– Cherry tomatoes
1. Cut a simple trunk and branch from celery and add a thinly sliced carrot nest.
2. Use tomatoes to make a body and head for the chick.
3. Then cucumber for the beak, wings and eye.
4. Use more tomatoes for the head and body of the mother bird.
5. Giving her cucumber tail and wings.
6. Then a beak and eye.
7. I decided the trunk was a little “fat” so slimmed it down.
8. And gave the mother a delicious carrot worm to feed the baby.
9. All ready to eat.
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small