It’s hard to beat a lovely, juicy, ripe pineapple. They are also a great splash of colour on a plate.
Here’s my vibrant, fun food school bus.
– Pineapple (easier with fresh but could use tinned!)
– Plum (or other stone fruit or apple cheeks)
1. Cut a piece of pineapple for the roof of the bus.
2. Add another piece for the back of the roof.
3. And more for the rear of the bus.
4. Put in the wheels using the cheeks from a plum joined with some pineapple.
5. More pineapple joins the wheel base to the roof.
6. Then make a front window.
7. And some back doors.
8. Before creating more windows.
9. Then a road from pieces cut from the inside of the plum.
10. And that’s it!!
The Art of Nutrition
Fun, healthy, creative food for kids big and small